The m-Lock is a contact free digital ignition lock with RFID technology and substitutes mechanical ignition locks or their electrical switching feature respectively.
The associated digital key/transponder only has to be approached to the m-Lock (switching distance approx. 40-50 mm) and the ignition is switched on or off completely contact free.
The m-Lock is based on the latest RFID technology (Radio Frequency Identification) and therefore, unlike e.g. radio remote controls, tamper-proof. Each key/transponder has a unique digital code.
The m-Lock can be actuated with the correct digital code only. Key/transponder and m-Lock are absolutely free of mechanical wear.
The m-Lock switches automotive relays with a possible load of up to 40A - sufficient power for every on-board system. The key first activates the m-Lock without touching it and then, via the relay, the entire on-board system
The hidden mounting of the small m-Lock, covered by non-metallic parts like e.g. a plastic side panel, permits completely removing the mechanic ignition lock. Clean look and various design possibilities are guaranteed - especially for custom bikes!
The available option 'Glass Tube' is so small (3 x 13 mm) that it can be sewn into the glove. Please note the reduced switching distance (about 5-10 mm) of the Glass Tube transponder. The 2 included standard keys (teardrop shape) are key fob sized.
All keys/transponders are available as a replacement 'key blank' and can be 'taught' to the desired m-Lock.
NOTE: We do not recommend using the m-Lock combined with immobilizers! Contact your dealer/manufacturer for informations about the possible deactivation of the immobilizer.
Dimensions and specifications
- Transmitter/receiver, diameter of installed assembly: 30 mm
- Height: 14 mm
- Cable length: approx. 50 cm
- Weight incl. cable: approx. 30 g
- Fixture: 2 x M3 threaded hole on back side
- Operating voltage: 6V - 18
- Operating temperature: -20 °C / +80 °C
- m-Lock with approx. 50 cm connector cable
- 1 user key and 1 master key (teardrop shape)
- 1 automotive relay 12V/40A
- 4 flat pins with isolating sleeves
- Connector, removable fuse
- Detailed installation and operating instructions