The micro-processor controlled OptiMate 4 can save neglected batteries. The OptiMate 4 is even more effective, with a new dual-stage RECOVERY + TURBO RECOVERY action. For modestly neglected deep-discharged batteries the RECOVERY mode engages automatically, while the TURBO RECOVERY mode engages for more severely neglected batteries.
The OptiMate 4 then charges the battery, verifies that the battery is as fully charged as its basic state of health allows, and then checks for & detects dead battery cells. But OptiMate 4 adds the following new features :
- Maximum output current increased to 0,8A without increasing energy consumption.
- 48 hour time limit on stages up to the first of the cyclic tests for battery drain to avoid wasting time and energy on batteries with a shorted-out cell.
- 19 possible LED indications displayed on 10 LEDs on the stunning new control panel.
- 5 possible results of the cyclic hourly tests for power drain /retention are displayed on a combination of green, yellow & red TEST LEDs.
- IP64 weatherproof sealed housing with built-in mounting lugs (replaceable if damaged for example by over-tightening a fixing screw).
- new cable bushings avoid insulation stress in ultra-cold temperatures.
- new "glide-guide" connector pin inserts avoid "sticky" connections.